I’ll be posting all the important stuff that you guys care about, but you can check out the stream here.
- WiiU comes out November 18th
- 2 different configurations: Basic set; 8GB, HDMI cable, console, gamepad, WiiU sensor bar, colored white, $299.99. Deluxe Set: same as Basic, but with more memory, colored black, stands, and a premium version of Nintendo Land, $349.99
- WiiU-branded nunchucks and Wii Remotes hitting stores soon.
- Metroid Blast for Nintendo Land, looks pretty neat. Essentially a co-op survival mode with a set amount of waves.
- New Super Mario Bros U looks really nice, but is essentially the same damn game. Launch title.
- NSMB U has challenge-based levels and a huge overworld map.
- Lego City Undercover is a launch title. Looks pretty funny, not a whole lot of gameplay shown.
- Nintendo TVii (yes, that’s how it’s spelled) connects to Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Streaming, TiVo, and live TV networks. There’s a whole lot of cool stuff here.
- Dragon Quest X and Bayonetta 2, both WiiU exclusives.
- Activisions’ line-up: Skylanders Giants, Wipeout 3 (based on the show), 007 Legends, and Transformers Prime: The Game. Also Black Ops 2, obviously.
- Black Ops 2 can be played on the gamepad.
- Launch window: Nov 18 – March 2013. Full list of games coming soon, they flew by too fast for me to catch all of them.
And that’s it! If you have any questions or comments about the WiiU, post them in the comments and the Velocity Gamer Podcast team will answer those questions in what I’m sure will be a Wii U-heavy episode this Monday.