Interactive Achievement Awards 2012 Winners
Last night in Las Vegas, Nevada, the 15th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards took place as part of the DICE summit. To no real surprise, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim cleaned house and claimed the Game of the Year award.
But the real spectacle was the host. In case you missed the live stream on gamespot.com, the event was once again hosted by comedian Jay Mohr, who went on a rampage of awkward stand-up comedy for the first 20 minutes of the show. Then, once things seemed to be going smoothly, Mohr walked on stage with a drink in his hand, and wearing nothing but his underwear and an open rob. It was both disturbing and strangely comical at the same time.
More importantly, there were a few surprise winners, such as Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure, which took home the award for Outstanding Innovation in Gaming.
Below is the full list of winners. Are you surprised by some of them?
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition – Portal 2
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design — Battlefield 3
- Outstanding Achievement in Story — Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Outstanding Character Performance – Wheatley from Portal 2
- Downloadable Title of the Year — Bastion
- Casual Game of the Year — Fruit Ninja Kinect
- Social Networking Game of the Year — The Sims Social
- Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Online Game of the Year — Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming — Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure
- Sports Game of the Year — FIFA 12
- Racing Game of the Year — Forza Motorsport 4
- Fighting Game of the Year — Mortal Kombat
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year — Orcs Must Die!
- Family Game of the Year — LittleBigPlanet 2
- Mobile Game of the Year — Infinity Blade II
- Handheld Game of the Year — Super Mario 3D Land
- Adventure Game of the Year — Batman: Arkham City
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Gameplay — Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Outstanding Achievement in Connectivity — Portal 2
- Action Game of the Year — Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation — Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction — Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering — Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
- Outstanding Achievement in Gameplay Engineering — Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction — Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Game of the Year — Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim