Groupees is a international team of techies and artists who dedicate themselves to making great things happen for fans, artists, and charities. They have done many different bundles that feature games, music, videos, and even ebooks and the money goes to helping the artists and different charities. Like many other bundles you can pay what you want for the items but their beat the average is based more on goals. If you pay more money you can unlock extras and there is also unlockable goals to reach by the amount of bundles sold.
The Winter Wolves Manga Bundle is a collection of games that are considered visual novels. Now you may be thinking “What the hell is a visual novel?” like I was, so I decided to give you the description I found.
Visual novel: It is a work of interactive fiction, featuring mostly static graphics, most often using anime-style art or occasionally live-action stills (and sometimes video footage). As the name might suggest, they resemble mixed-media novels or tableau vivant stage plays. They are analogous to a digitized version of a Choose Your Own Adventure novel.
I use to love the CYOA books when I was a kid so I thought why not try these out since it is for a good cause. I have enjoyed them so far and recommend them to anybody who likes a good story and may just want to relax a bit and enjoy a good game. Check out the games included in the bundle below.
Pay the minimum of $1
- Heileen: Heileen, cute 18 years old english girl. She has a quiet life, without any real problems. But one day, her uncle Otto, a famous english merchant, decides that it is time for a change, and forces her to follow him on a journey to the New World. During the voyage, she’ll meet old and new friends and discover lots of secrets, and ultimately find what really wants for herself. Play with her this fantastic voyage along eight chapters of intriguing dialogues. Each choice you make will have a consequence in your relationship with the other crew members and will determine which one of the three different finals you’ll see. Mature Content +14
- Bionic Heart: London, 2099. The earth isn’t what it used to be anymore. Incredible climate changes have corrupted the weather, causing a permanent rain on most of the Earth’s surface. You play the role of Luke Black, a 36-year-old bio-informatic engineer. He is one of the lead programmers at Nanotech, a big nanotechnology research company. But one night, his life is changed forever when he encounters Tanya. Who is she? What does she wants from Luke? 24 different endings based on your choices. Explore all the possible paths! It’s a truly dynamic adventure that will keep you entertained for hours. The game is fully voiced and features beautiful manga art, brilliant dialogue and characters relationship that will change the final outcome of the game. Mature Content +14
- Vera Blanc: Full Moon: Vera Blanc is a mystery / detective game. Take on the role of Vera Blanc, a young and beautiful woman with an extraordinary power: the ability to read other people’s minds! Daughter of Emmanuel Blanc, one of the richest people on Earth, she left her life of luxury to use her powers to work alongside paranormal detective Brandon Mackey. In this first episode, our heroine travels to a mysterious town in Germany deep in the Black Forest. A serial killer is on the loose, and all leads point to a werewolf as the culprit! The game plays like a visual novel / adventure game with several different paths to solve the mystery, and a collection of challenging minigames. Featuring innovative comic-style art, with over 200 unique panels, Vera Blanc immerses you in a the world of the supernatural as you play the detective! Will you be able to solve the mystery? Mature Content +14
- Always Remember Me: Amy is desperate! Her boyfriend Aaron doesn’t remember her anymore after a car accident! Will you be able to make him remember again? Or perhaps it’s time to move on. Maybe Amy will fall in love with someone else? It’s up to you to decide. Play this life simulation game with dating sim elements and shape Amy’s destiny.
- Heileen 2: The game picks up directly after the end of the first game taking place on a mysterious Caribbean island where Heileen was shipwrecked with her friends. Heileen soon discovers a deck of tarot cards representative of the seven deadly sins and the seven heavenly virtues. The cards have the power to change both her dreams and her reality, and will help Heileen discover many hidden things from her past. The game features 15 unique endings and an enhanced version of the original quest system in Heileen with 20 quests. Try to solve them all to get the maximum score! Mature Content +14
- Planet Stronghold: Planet Stronghold is a sci-fi anime roleplaying game. Features two playable characters, 8 NPC, a battle system similar to those seen in the JRPG games, several romance options, 50+ hours of playtime and different paths.
- Spirited Heart: Spirited Heart is a fantasy life simulation game. Create your fantasy alter ego choosing between an apparently normal human, a cute elf and a wicked demoness. Once the game start you’ll be able to run your life in a virtual fantasy world: choose a job from the 20 different ones available. From time to time, random events will occur and you’ll also make random encounters: there are six potential partner for your character in the game, two for each one of the three races. Each partner will have his own personality and will react differently depending on which race you’re playing, offering over 100 different dialogue combinations! Play with your character for 10 in-game years in which you have to do your best! The full game has 20 normal endings plus 12 special marriage endings, providing hours of gameplay and lots of replayability.