EVE Online Ventures Into the Inferno
EVE Online, the Sci-Fi MMORPG by CCP Games is about to get another expansion, Inferno, which would bring the grand total of expansions to seventeen. That’s a pretty big number and what makes that even more awesome is that all of those expansions were free; Inferno will also be free.
I never got into EVE Online, but I haven’t heard a bad thing about it. I may have check it out with this new expansion pack, because it may be the biggest the game has seen since it’s launch in 2003. Looks like I’ll have to grab that free 14-day trial. Seems like a good time to start playing. Here are a list of some of the new features:
- Mercenary Marketplace: pay the best guns-for-hire to settle your scores or make yourself avaialble to the highest bidders in the most notorious PVP universe in gaming
- War Declarations: reworked systems to help you wage war and keep track of your legacy
- Missiles and Launchers: savor every moment from launch to impact with missile launchers and dramatic new missile effects
- Factional Warfare: enlist in a faction and join the entry-level game of conquest with more rewards and deeper gameplay than ever before
- Visual Updates: Enhanced graphics on ship models and increased options in the industry-leading character creator
- Plus Kill Reports, Unified Inventory, 16 new modules and dozens of enhancements to both graphics and gameplay
It all sounds cool to me! The word “free” sells it, the features are a bonus. The pack will drop on May 22nd. The DUST 514 game set in the EVE universe on the PS3 is also on schedule to come out this year to expand the player base even more.